- Russell CA, Elia M. Malnutrition in the UK: where does it begin? Proc Nutr Soc. 2010; 69(ISBN 978 1 899467 66 2): 465-9.
- Stratton RJ, Hebuterne X, Elia M. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the impact of oral nutritional supplements on hospital readmissions. Ageing Res Rev. 2013; 12(4): 884-97.
- Elia M, Normand C, Laviano A, K N. A systematic review of the cost and cost-effectiveness of using standard oral nutritional supplements in community and care home settings . Clin Nutr (in press). 2015.
- Royal College of Physicians. Shared decision making. A summary of learning from the event. A Royal College of Physicians evetn developed in partnership with the The Health Foundation and the The King's Fund: Royal College of Physicians; 2011.
- Cribb A. Invovlement, shared decision-making and medicines: Royal Pharmaceutical Society; 2011.
- Coulter A. Implementing shared decision making in the UK. A report by the Health Foundation; 2010.
- Coulter A, Collins A. Making shared decision- making a reality: No decision about me, without me: The Kings Fund; 2011.
- Department of Health. Liberating the NHS: No decision about me, without me - Further consultation on proposals to secure shared decision-making. London: The Stationery Office; 2012.
- Elia M, Smith R, on behalf of BAPEN and its collaborators. Improving nutritional care and treatment: perspectives and recommendations from population groups, patients and carers. A report from BAPEN with 18 collaborating partners from the voluntary sector https://www.bapen.org.uk/pdfs/improv_nut_care_report.pdf; 2009. Report No.: 978 1 899467 310.
- Elia M, Wheatley C. Nutritional Care and the Patient Voice. Are we being listened to?: BAPEN; 2014.
- Elia M (Chairman and Editor). The 'MUST' report. Nutritional screening for adults: a multidisciplinary responsibility. Development and use of the 'Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool' ('MUST') for adults. A report by the Malnutrition Advisory Group of the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition: BAPEN; 2003.
- Cawood A, Stratton R, Walters E, Elia M. Malnutrition 'self-screening' with an electronic version of 'MUST' in hospital outpatients: concurrent validity and ease of use. Clin Nutr 2011; 6 (Suppl 1): 68 (PP116-SUN).
- McGurk P, Jackson JM, Elia M. Rapid and reliable self-screening for nutritional risk in hospital outpatients using an electronic system. Nutrition. 2013; 29(4): 693-6.
To help you check if you are losing too much weight and are at risk of becoming malnourished, BAPEN has developed a simple screening tool you can use along with advice to follow if you are at risk of becoming malnourished.